Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Lights of Honolulu

We stepped foot on land (not just a dock) yesterday for the first time in close to a month. It was rather a shock to the senses that we were allowed 4 hours of liberty in Honolulu. This was just enough time to be totally overwhelmed by traffic, people, Home Depot and Best Buy. But after our errands were finished, Ben and I had time to run home and see that the place is in better condition than we left it! (Thank you Stephane and Amy!) It was good to see that Seeayte is still happy and healthy as she has been rather lax on making regular phone calls. But what can you expect of a cat? Then after a quick Starbucks and grocery run, I watched from the fantail of the ship as Honolulu quietly slipped off into the distance. The lights of the city were just starting to twinkle and the mountain tops were covered in clouds. I was surprised to find that I was rather relieved to be leaving all of that behind again. I am missing my own home and the chance to go for a hike, but it is a nice feeling to have the quiet simplicity of the ocean for another week.

1 comment:

Angelo Villagomez said...

I wish you had more pictures posted.